[open-science] Launch of the Panton Principles for Open Data in Science + Is It Open Data?

Egon Willighagen egon.willighagen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 20:21:50 UTC 2010

Hi all,

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 4:45 PM, Egon Willighagen
<egon.willighagen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 4:35 PM, Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org> wrote:
>> Do you think it would be difficult to modify?
>
> Doesn't look difficult...

<snip>

> Cannot do it in 5 minutes, but I'll check tonite... don't have
> wordpress installed, so will need some bit extra for testing...

Deepest apologies for the 0's in the output once! String concatenation
is with '.' not with '+' as I am used to in Java :(

But I hacked in some <span> elements, so you can now use the xpath
query //span[@class='signature']/span[@class='Country']/text() and
some linux command line magic:

wget -O endorsed.html http://pantonprinciples.org/endorse...; xpath -q
-e "//span[@class='signature']/span[@class='Country']/text()"
endorsed.html | sort | uniq -c

to get:

      1 Australia
      1 Canada
      1 Catalonia
      2 Espa�a
      2 France
      5 Germany
      1 Greece
      1 Italy
      1 Netherlands
      1 Norway
      1 Poland
      1 Slovenia
      1 Sweden
      1 Switzerland
      1 The Netherlands
      8 UK
      1 U.K.
      1 United Kingdom
      1 United States of America
      9 USA

The FOAF XHTML+RDFa is even trickier as WordPress does not produce
XHTML pages... that's not something I like to fiddle with... just
hacking the plugin gave me enough sweating...

Egon

--
Post-doc @ Uppsala University
Proteochemometrics / Bioclipse Group of Prof. Jarl Wikberg