[open-science] Launch of the Panton Principles for Open Data in Science + Is It Open Data?

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Feb 19 22:59:16 UTC 2010

I've now met Lisa - we've had lunch with Lee (also copied). The good news is
that there will probably be 2 recordings of this - one routed through MS and
UWash and the other an independent video stream by an enthusiast (whose name
I'll post when I have it). I think this is a seminal meeting from which both
SC and OKF take considerable credit and I'm hoping we can get it widely
reported ...  I bounced this off Lisa at lunch. Anyone with friendly science
journalists is welcome to let them know.

Cameron and I will divvy up the Panton material - I will also show IsItOpen
but don't have time to make any requests during the talk. However I had
earlier tried it out on a friendly publisher and got a positive reply.

There'll be a good physical attendence. I haven't asked but I assume it will
be tweeted

P.