[open-science] OKF: What shall I say at the Open Science Summit in Berkeley

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Jul 4 11:21:53 UTC 2010

I am honoured to have been asked to talk at the Open Science Summit in
Berkeley at the end of this month:
http://opensciencesummit.com/schedule/
Berkeley is the home of the
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Speech_Movement
and is an icon for us - it's my first time there and I'm really excited.

I have chosen to call my talk "The Open Knowledge Foundation" as I truly
believe that the OKF is a major force in Openness and will continue to grow
rapidly. I have 10 minutes (perhaps 11). I don't want to give a corporate
overview - I want to give the idea that the OKF is a cauldron of ideas which
become instantiated in real projects.

One idea I'd like to try is "10 ways we can all change the world". This
could include CKAN, Opendata buttons, Panton,  IsItOpen, Open
Bibliobiography. etc. 5 might be better -

But I'm open to any suggestions.

P.