[open-science] OKF: What shall I say at the Open Science Summit in Berkeley

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Tue Jul 6 18:36:49 UTC 2010

The 10 ideas for opening up scientific data is a great idea. Perhaps
we could start a pad to iterate on this?

5 ideas for starters:

  * Data: Open up your research data in accordance with the Panton Principles.
  * Publications: Deposit your publications in an open access
repository -- or publish in open access journal. Ideally under an open
license (such as Creative Commons Attribution).
  * Code: Make software available under an open source license.
  * Process: Let others know what you're doing: whether via a blog,
public mailing lists, or social networking sites.
  * Advocacy: Encourage students, researchers and colleagues to do the same!

All the best,

Jonathan