[open-science] Panton Papers

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Jul 25 20:50:40 UTC 2010

I have started to outline ideas of Panton Papers on my blog:

http://wwmm.ch.cam.ac.uk/blogs/murrayrust/?p=2474 is an initial overview

http://wwmm.ch.cam.ac.uk/blogs/murrayrust/?p=2475 is a first try at a rough
draft of the first paper "What is Scientific Data?" [apologies for
formatting being trashed by Wordpress].

I have bounced this off 2 scientists over the last two days and got
reasonable agreement that the ideas are coherent and central. But I'd like
more feedback and suggestions as to how to proceed. We are discussing this
as an item on the Aug 4th WG . Should we have a wiki? or an Etherpad where
each is edited and commented? - I want this to be communal.

P.