[open-science] OKF: What shall I say at the Open Science Summit in Berkeley

Heather Piwowar hpiwowar at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 22:30:35 UTC 2010

Hi Jessy,

One answer:

Dryad <http://www.datadryad.org/> is a relatively new repository, focused
right now on data behind papers published in Ecology and Evolution.  It
doesn't accept code at the moment, but likely will in the future.

Dryad is a neat model:  it is trying very hard to get long-term
sustainability figured out at the beginning, is working very
closely<http://www.datadryad.org/jdap>with journal editors and
publishers, clearly
states <http://www.datadryad.org/depositing> the data is CC0, and cares
about getting data citations right (data DOIs<http://www.datadryad.org/using>
).

says the new Dryad postdoc ;)
Heather

 Heather Piwowar
*DataONE <https://dataone.org/> postdoc with NESCent<http://www.nescent.org/>
 and Dryad
<http://datadryad.org/>*
*remote from Dept of Zoology, UBC, Vancouver Canada*
*hpiwowar at nescent.org*
*@researchremix
<http://www.twitter.com/researchremix>
*