[open-science] OKF: What shall I say at the Open Science Summit in Berkeley

Jessy Cowan-Sharp jessy.cowansharp at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 22:15:49 UTC 2010

didn't want to hijack the other thread so i changed the subject line, but
i'm curious (and perhaps this is a naive question):

what open access repositories are there which people recommend, besides,
say, arxiv.org? arxiv.org itself doesn't seem to have a strong (or at least
not explicit) stance on licenses and such. and are there any OA archives
where people can submit their code/data along with their paper (in such a
way that it is formally associated with that paper?)

jessy

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 9:13 PM, James Casbon <casbon at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6 July 2010 20:49, Peter Murray-Rust <pm286 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> > There is a lot of undercurrent at the moment about what I'll call Open
> > Methodology. Give use not only your data but what you did with it. That's
> > hard. A lot of people don't realise how technically hard that is. We are
> > trying to address this in Open Bibliography.
>
> Slightly OT, but I think codenode is on the right wavelength here:
> http://codenode.org/
> The idea is that you can have data analysis notebooks, saved online
> and sharable (and cloneable).
>
> I added an R and javascript engine (so you can code in those
> languages) recently so I can confirm the architecture is pretty good.
> What it needs is a focus on data and library integration, and some
> frontend work.  Perhaps picking a topic (climate change?) and
> developing notebooks for that is the way to go.
>
> Cheers,
> James

Jessy Cowan-Sharp
http://jessykate.com