[open-science] OKF: What shall I say at the Open Science Summit in Berkeley

James Casbon casbon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 21:13:23 UTC 2010

On 6 July 2010 20:49, Peter Murray-Rust <pm286 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> There is a lot of undercurrent at the moment about what I'll call Open
> Methodology. Give use not only your data but what you did with it. That's
> hard. A lot of people don't realise how technically hard that is. We are
> trying to address this in Open Bibliography.

Slightly OT, but I think codenode is on the right wavelength here:
http://codenode.org/
The idea is that you can have data analysis notebooks, saved online
and sharable (and cloneable).

I added an R and javascript engine (so you can code in those
languages) recently so I can confirm the architecture is pretty good.
What it needs is a focus on data and library integration, and some
frontend work.  Perhaps picking a topic (climate change?) and
developing notebooks for that is the way to go.

Cheers,
James