[open-science] Fwd: [OSDD-Discuss] Case Study of Open Source Drug Discovery – Will you help?

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 13:21:08 UTC 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Christine Årdal <christine.ardal at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 6:40 AM
Subject: [OSDD-Discuss] Case Study of Open Source Drug Discovery – Will you
help?
To: Open Source Drug Discovery <osdd-public at googlegroups.com>

Hello!

We (at the Norwegian Knowledge Center for Health Services,
www.kunnskapssenteret.no/Home) are interested in learning more about
the CSIR Team India OSDD Consortium. We are attempting to create a
business model that will be freely available to anyone interested in
initiating an open source drug discovery project. (You can read more
about our project at www.kunnskapssenteret.no/osdd.) As a first step
in building the business model, we are undertaking a case study to
learn from you.

We would appreciate your help! We are starting this discussion in
hopes that you will be willing to take no more than 15 minutes to
answer a set of questions (see below). Over the next two months I will
post three more discussions to learn about your motivations,
collaboration methods, perceptions of intellectual property management
and pathways to commercialization. We would love to hear from all
members of the Consortium – leaders, newcomers, active participants,
non-active participants.

If you have any questions or would prefer to participate via email
instead of the discussion forum, please feel free to contact me
directly at cha at nokc.no.

If you are willing to help, please reply to the questions listed
below. Thanks very much for any assistance you can give.

Kind regards,

Christine Aardal
Project Manager
The Norwegian Knowledge Center for Health Services
P.O. Box 7004, St. Olavs plass
N-0130 Oslo
Norway
Telephone: +47 23 25 50 00
Email: cha at nokc.no

***********************

Questions regarding motivations and some background information

1. What is your main profession (or if you are a student, what
profession do you aspire to be) (for example, biologist)?

2. What is your current professional status (for example, student,
employed, self-employed, unemployed or retiree)?

3. How did you find out about CSIR’s Open Source Drug Discovery
Consortium?

4. Why do you participate in the Consortium?

5. How much time in an average week do you spend reading or working on
tasks for the Consortium?

6. Are you paid to spend time reading or working on tasks for the
Consortium? What benefits, if any, does your employer hope to gain
from your involvement in this project?

7. What tools and/or resources must an individual have access to in
order to contribute to the Consortium?

8. When a task requires laboratory work, how do you manage to gain
access to the laboratory? Is payment required and if so, who pays?

9. When a task requires the use of physical resources (e.g. chemicals,
etc.), how do you manage to secure the resources and who pays for them?

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507