[open-science] Fran Berman (RPI) "We Need a Research Data Census" Comm. ACM Dec 2010

Tom Moritz tom.moritz at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 23:44:06 UTC 2010

FYI --

"We Need a Research Data Census" by Francine Berman (RPI)Communications of
the ACM
Vol. 53 No. 12, Pages 39-41
10.1145/1859204.1859220

'The increasing volume of research data highlights the need for reliable,
cost-effective data storage and preservation at the national scale."
http://cacm.acm.org/magazines/2010/12/102121-we-need-a-research-data-census/fulltext

*Tom Moritz
1968 1/2 South Shenandoah Street,
Los Angeles, California 90034-1208  USA
+1 310 963 0199 (cell) [GMT -8]
tommoritz (Skype)
http://www.linkedin.com/in/tmoritz*

“Πάντα ῥεῖ καὶ οὐδὲν μένει” (Everything flows, nothing stands still.) --*
Heraclitus *
* "Il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux."  ("One must imagine Sisyphus happy.")
-- Camus
*