[open-science] IsItOpen letter for feedback

Heather Piwowar hpiwowar at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 14:21:59 UTC 2010

Good point.

Two possibilities, I think. By "we believe there is a potential obligation"
they either meant "we release the data under under an occasional obligation
to" or as "we think the best practice community norm is."

What do you think?

For list reference, here are their answers under discussion:

*

4) YES – If substantial data is taken from a paper we believe there is a
potential obligation on the extractor to request permission from the author
(of the paper) about the re-use of their data, and a requirement to credit
the original author.

5) YES – If substantial data is taken from a paper we believe there is a
potential obligation on the extractor to request permission from the author
(of the paper) about the re-use of their data, and a requirement to credit
the original author.
*

Heather
(comment now approved)

--
Heather Piwowar

DataONE postdoc with NESCent and Dryad
  remote from Dept of Zoology, UBC, Vancouver Canada
hpiwowar at nescent.org
http://researchremix.org
@researchremix