[open-science] Working Group Title & Science Sections on okfn.org

Jenny Molloy jcmcoppice12 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 13:29:53 UTC 2011

Hi All

There has been some discussion (forwarded below) regarding the working group
web pages and linking them together to make it easier for a newcomer to
navigate. This has hopefully been improved a little but the naming of our
working group is pretty inconsistent which could cause confusion, what title
would people prefer?

1) OKF Open Data in Science Working Group (original title, still used on the
group wiki http://wiki.okfn.org/wg/science)
2) OKF Open Science Working Group (used on the homepage
http://science.okfn.org/ and consistent with the mailing list address)
3) OKF Science Working Group (consistent with our URLs)

Thoughts and preferences most welcome, and then we can ensure everything is
consistent on the websites (URLs and email address will not change) so its
clear we're the same group!

There is also a suggestion from Robert (below) that we expand the scope of
the group or create another group to look at the open practice of science in
addition to data related issues. Comments welcome!

Jenny