[open-science] HACKATHON-Semantic Web Identifiers for bioscience

Puneet Kishor punkish at eidesis.org
Fri Dec 2 19:53:37 UTC 2011

On Dec 2, 2011, at 1:46 PM, Matt Jones wrote:

> Puneet --
>
> Just some relevant pointers... ..
>
> PS I was involved in discussions about paleodb.org when Alroy first
> launched it at NCEAS; I'm happy to see its had such longevity and is
> supporting such an effective open data community.
> ..

Thanks for the links Matt. I am learning a lot of new stuff (I am really a computers/semweb/REST kinda person) so I have miles to go in the taxonomy department, but I am looking forward to it.

Alroy and others have done a fantastic job building and shepherding Paleodb, and its value is evident from the tremendous amount of research it has generated. I am glad to be supporting that work, while also think about how to add more value, offer more ways to access its information.

--
Puneet Kishor http://punkish.org
science http://earth-base.org