[open-science] How CC-BY can become TA

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 10:43:25 UTC 2011

On 15 December 2011 03:24, Peter Murray-Rust <pm286 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> I would feel more strongly about supporting GreenOA if we actually built
> an index of it - it's not fair to expect the scholarly poor to traverse the
> tangle of badly organised "free" publications.

I've had an idea like this in the back of my mind for a while. When you're
denied access to a paper on a journal website, it would be great to have a
browser plugin to search institutional repositories etc. for the same
paper. A sort of alternative DOI resolution system. Obviously there's some
technical challenges in that - and the publishers probably wouldn't cheer
for it - but it seems worth exploring.

Thomas