[open-science] LODD on CKAN (was Minutes from WG Meeting Feb 16 2011)

Egon Willighagen egon.willighagen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 07:49:06 UTC 2011

Hi all,

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 1:26 AM, Jenny Molloy <jcmcoppice12 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've posted this to the CKAN discuss list as well because they may be better
> placed to address the points raised by Egon here:
> http://chem-bla-ics.blogspot.com/2011/02/ckan-and-rdf-nice-example-on-why.html

I have started an etherpad with details, where people can add their names:

http://okfnpad.org/sciencewg-loddhack-201103

But...

I do like to focus on the Open Data side of the LODD data sets, and
use CKAN for annotation. I do not want the hour to be spend on finding
out how CKAN works; we'll have to do that on beforehand (and I already
started a group for this, linked in Jenny's email), and possibly
afterwards and use if they way we can.

Instead... in this hour I like to focus really on getting the 'Open
Data' nature of the LODD data sets clear. In particular, there are two
or three data for which we need to write an 'Is It Open Data?' letter
because they have no clear license/waiver/copyright information... and
we write letters for a few data sets which have a non-commercial
clause, making the data non-open, according to the Panton Principles
and CKAN too, I think.

That should have priority in this hour, IMHO, so that all participants
can sign. I do not want this hour to be a general information session
on Open Data licensing. That too, must be resolved before or
afterwards.

Does that make sense?

Egon

--