[open-science] Should scientific text be put in the public domain rather than licensed with CC-BY?

Marius Kempe m.kempe at qmul.ac.uk
Wed Jan 12 13:51:08 UTC 2011

The other point that I feel is worth making is that many of the reasons that
the Panton Principles and Open Biblio give for using the public domain apply
equally to scientific texts - why should open scientists advocate a
confusing two-tiered system of public domain for data and bibliographic
records but copyright licensing for papers and books?