[open-science] Fwd: Should scientific text be put in the public domain rather than licensed with CC-BY?

Marius Kempe m.kempe at qmul.ac.uk
Wed Jan 12 13:44:03 UTC 2011

Peter Murray-Rust sent me this message, which has an interesting point that
I had not considered - that licenses serve mainly to incentivize publishing
organizations to share science in an acceptable way. I think this
is debatable however; Green Open Access may rise, for example, as well
online self-publishing, blogs, etc. Moreover, CC0 brings so much clarity to
the scientific re-use process at so little cost (a blurb and a link) that it
seems a shame not to use it.