[open-science] Should scientific text be put in the public domain rather than licensed with CC-BY?

Angus Whyte a.whyte at ed.ac.uk
Wed Jan 12 16:15:54 UTC 2011

It may be worth posting on this to the JISC repositories list. The
argument I've seen put forward by open access advocates there is that
authors should retain copyright rather than comply with publisher
requests to hand it over. Even if they could legally give up their moral
right, are you saying it is in the public interest for researchers to
give up their right to be attributed?

Angus Whyte

--
Dr Angus Whyte