[open-science] Ideas...Call for proposals for the Euroscience Open Forum 2012.

maria adresamariei at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 21 17:55:37 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I stumbled upon a Call for Proposals from ESOF 2012 (Euroscience Open Forum), starring Dublin as the European Capital of Science for 11-15 July 2012- http://www.dublinscience2012.ie/

There are two openings for projects, both having the deadline on the 30 of June:

1. The Scientific Session Proposals - mainly as workshops/presentations/roundtable/conference/Pecha Kucha
2. The Public Engagement Proposal  -  mainly as an activity, creative idea, theatre, film, Interactive Dialogue, Exhibition,  Workshop,  Outdoor Event,  Debate and so on.

Do you think our working group can develop one (or more) project proposals on Open Data in Science/Panton Principles? I would be a great opportunity to attend ESOF next year and I would like to invite you for an online brainstorm in the next days. Hopefully, in the best case scenario, by the end of the week we can choose the best ideas, refine them and prepare the proposal for the 30 of June.

What do you think? Let's plan something!

Best,
Maria

PS: You can find below some extra info from the official press release:

"Dublin City of Science 2012 comprises a year-long series of science-linked events,

the centre-piece of which will be the Euroscience Open Form (ESOF), which will be
held in the Convention Centre Dublin from 11-15 July 2012.
ESOF is an interdisciplinary, pan-European meeting, held under the auspices of
Euroscience, which aims to:
Showcase the latest advances in science and technology.
Promote a dialogue on the role of science and technology in society and
public policy.
Stimulate and provoke public interest, excitement and debate about science
and technology.
The event will bring together over 5,000 scientists, business leaders, government
officials and international media to discuss the best of European science and to
address all of the major global challenges, including Energy, Climate Change, Food
and Health.
Dublin was awarded the honour of hosting this event following an open competition in
2008. The Dublin bid was led by the Chief Scientific Adviser to the Government, Prof
Cunningham, with the support of Forfás and beat off stiff competition from Vienna.
Prof Cunningham and Forfás are now responsible for planning and organisation of
ESOF. In addition, they will coordinate other activities and events in the Dublin City of
Science 2012 programme."

Maria