[open-science] Panton Principles Case Studies

Jenny Molloy jenny.molloy at okfn.org
Wed Jun 29 15:26:33 UTC 2011

Dear All

For several working group meetings, we have briefly discussed the
possibility of writing some case studies for the Panton Principles,
higlighting people, projects or papers that have published according to the
prinicples and hopefully why that is a good idea.

A short paragraph and ideally a quote from the authors could be placed on
the Panton Principles web site and hopefully be useful for visitors to the
site and advocates of the Principles for use in discusssions or
presentations.

Our current suggestions are listed below and on this Etherpad
http://okfnpad.org/sciencewg-PPcasestudies, but we need more!

- People who try to work according to PP or are inspirational advocates of
open scientific data.

- Notable papers which have been published according to PP (especially any
who have made a special effort to make data as open as possible)

- Longer term projects which are publishing data according to PP

- Any other interesting examples of open data in science

Deadline for suggestions is 11th July, when we will have a drafting session
on Etherpad and Skype - if you'd like to participate please add your Skype
ID here http://okfnpad.org/sciencewg-PPcasestudies

NB: This session is postponed from the originally suggested date of 20th
June

Thanks very much!

Jenny

##### Suggestions ######

Ada Yonath
Christine Borgman
Greg Wilson
Sean Eddy

BMC Open Data Awards:

2010 Winner:
Yoosook Lee for http://www.malariajournal.com/content/8/1/75/
(more details on Cameron Neylon's blog
http://cameronneylon.net/blog/the-bmc-10th-anniversary-celebrations-and-open-data-prize/
 )

2010 Notable nominations (from Cameron's blog - there were more) :
http://www.biomedcentral.com/1741-7007/7/73
http://www.gvt-journal.com/content/7/1/6/
http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2350/10/6

2011 Winners