[open-science] open science meetup in Boston/Cambridge

Egon Willighagen egon.willighagen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 11:20:14 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 11:24 AM, Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 11:13 AM, Egon Willighagen
> Great idea! We can also offer:
>
>  (i) local mailing lists (lists.okfn.org)
>  (ii) local groups (e.g. for people to have a profile,etc, e.g.
> http://okfn.org/groups/open-knowledge-london/)
>  (iii) local websites (e.g. science.okfn.org)

So, for use that would be:

stkhmos at lists.okfn.org
http://okfn.org/groups/stockholm-open-science/ or
http://okfn.org/groups/stkhmos/
http://stkhmos.science.okfn.org/

?

> This said, I'd strongly argue for using the open-science list, group
> and science.okfn.org for things that might be of interest to others!

Customized lists are good for organizing things, and e.g. Swedish
could be allowed on our group list, but also include practical things
whether there are pancakes today at the restaurant we're meeting...
that is, things not of general interest, but useful for the group.

General interest things can indeed be better on general lists, or via
e.g. twitter. Our has tag is (as you might have expected from the
above: #stkhmos :)

Egon

--
Dr E.L. Willighagen