[open-science] [BlueObelisk-discuss] Silicos announces the release of STRIPPER v1.0.4

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Mar 16 11:11:40 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 10:51 AM, Hans De Winter
<hans.dewinter at silicos.com>wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Silicos NV is pleased to announce the release of its newest open source
> program STRIPPER v1.0.4, built on top of the Open Babel 2.3.0 C++ library.
>
> [for details see Blue Obelisk mailing list]

Again I congratulate the commercial sector in making core code available for
the community to use and if necessary re-use and repurpose. It is difficult
to show the world the value of Open Source and Open Data and this is a very
valuable example.

Do you have a public justification for this business model? That would be
useful in helping us build a general case for this type of action.