[open-science] Reminder: Working Group Meeting - Wed 9 Mar, 17.30 GMT

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Mar 9 07:19:27 UTC 2011

Sorry I couldn't make the Jenny/Egon drug hack on Monday - visitors

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 12:02 AM, Jenny Molloy <jcmcoppice12 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear All
>
> Apologies for the late notice, I mentioned the date of this meeting in the
> minutes from the last but I should have sent a further reminder last week. I
> hope some of you can still join us!
>
> Jenny - your energy is enormously valuable.

> When:      Wednesday 9th March at 17.30 GMT
> Location:  #okfn IRC channel on oftc.net (quick link http://ur1.ca/4fh)
> and Skype (add your Skype ID to http://okfnpad.org/sciencewg-16Feb2011)
>
> Please add your name and Skype ID to the list of attendees on
> http://okfnpad.org/sciencewg-9Mar2011
> Add anything you'd like to be discussed or new ideas to the agenda (even if
> you can't make it yourself, just make sure you add enough details).
>
> We are having a hackfest this weekend on scholarly publishing
http://www-pmr.ch.cam.ac.uk/wiki/Scholarly_HTML where we are intending
(among other things to:)
 * solve the problem of bibliography (i.e. references for authors)
 * publish data directly into manuscripts (create a data journal)
 * overcome the packaging problem (i.e.create an alternative to PDF)

the scientific publishing even of the year. Be there. Free geek food.