[open-science] New comunity member

René Dreos rene.dreos at gmail.com
Thu May 5 13:50:45 UTC 2011

Dear Open-Science community,

my name is René Dreos and I am a bioinformatician with a biology background
interested in gene expression and genomes data analysis.
For my projects, I often have to analyse and combine data generated in
different labs (downloading them from Internet repositories like EBI or
NCBI). You can imagine that although there are standard for data
repositories it is quite difficult for me to collect all the information
needed for a correct data analysis. This ultimately could lead to
misinterpretation of the results or missing opportunities (and waste of
time/money). I would really like to know what you think about this and how
Open-Science could help in solving it. I know the problem is complex and, if
you agree, I would like to bring my personal experience to this community
and try to solve it.

Kind regards