[open-science] Making use of data: tools, process and openness (was: Re: Fwd: New edition UKDA guide: Managing and Sharing Data)

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Mon May 9 13:46:52 UTC 2011

I see the following arguments for Openness:
* moral
* legal
* ethical
* utilitarian.

In talking generally I pften only take the last one. - "This is what we
can/could do with openness"

The issues are very strong in text-mining. We *could* make major scientific
discoveries IF we were allowed to text-mine. We could determines what was
good science from bad science. We could avoid large amounts of duplicated
effort == money.

P.