[open-science] Fwd: European Commission Information Hearing on Scientific Information

cameron.neylon at stfc.ac.uk cameron.neylon at stfc.ac.uk
Tue May 10 22:55:19 UTC 2011

Hi Folks

I have near to zero bandwidth until later this week I'm afraid but happy to pursue this in some form in combination with others. I should be able to arrange to be free on the day.

Cheers

Cameron

On 10 May 2011, at 18:50, Jonathan Gray wrote:

> Jenny: could you possibly put a brief blog post about this on
> science.okfn.org if you have a moment?
>
> Just needs to say:
>
>  * this is happening
>  * here are some quotes on what it is about and how you can get in
> touch with EC
>  * looks like a good opportunity to highlight the importance of open
> data - and hope that people can make it
>
> What do you think?
>
> I've been in touch with EC who have said it would be helpful to invite
> more open data in science people to the hearing...
>
> All the best,
>
> Jonathan
>
> On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 11:43 AM, Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org> wrote:
>> Yes we should definitely produce something for this - and try to have
>> someone from the WG attend as a speaker...
>>
>> Peter, Cameron, Rufus, John: could any of you speak about the Panton Principles?
>>
>> J.
>>
>> On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 11:39 AM, Peter Murray-Rust <pm286 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>>> This looks relevant to us? Should we produce something?

>>> 1. access to scientific information (including open access),
>>> 2. preservation of scientific outputs,

--
Scanned by iCritical.