[open-science] give your opinion without actual participation Re: Fwd: Invitation to the public: European Group on Ethics Roundtable on ICT (Information and Computer Technologies) on 15th November 2011

koltzenburg at w4w.net koltzenburg at w4w.net
Sat Oct 8 08:53:13 UTC 2011

Hi Sören,

thanks,
one interesting formal aspect seems to be that you can use the registration formuntil 4 November
forgiving your recommendation independently of whether you will actually participate in the local meeting on 15 Nov.

"Which main ethics issues do you think the EGE should address in their Opinion on'Ethical aspects of ICT'?"

agree:
> from my perspective even more interesting aspect would be openness,
> reusability of ICT research along the lines of the Panton [1] or
> Repeat&Reuse Principles [2].

cheers
Claudia

On Fri, 07 Oct 2011 18:35:35 +0200, Sören Auer wrote
> Hi all,
>
> I recently received this invitation to the European Group on Ethics
> Roundtable on ICT, but won't be able to attend the event. I have no idea
> what will be discussed there, maybe data privacy/security, another and
> from my perspective even more interesting aspect would be openness,
> reusability of ICT research along the lines of the Panton [1] or
> Repeat&Reuse Principles [2].
>
> In case one of you guys want to go to the event (and bring these topics
> to the table) I attach the invitation to this email.
>
> Best,
>

> [1] http://pantonprinciples.org/
> [2] http://wiki.okfn.org/Wg/science/Repeat_and_Reuse

thanks & cheers,