[open-science] ESOF 2012 Shortlist

Jenny Molloy jenny.molloy at okfn.org
Thu Sep 1 17:59:30 UTC 2011

Good news!

You may remember there was a conversation on the working group list
regarding proposing an open data session at ESOF 2012.

Well, a few of us put our heads together at OKCon for a last minute
submission http://okfnpad.org/esof2012proposal * and I'm pleased to
say we've been shortlisted :)
As I say, this was pretty last minute so I'm sure it can be improved
upon and now is the opportunity to do so before the final decision
round. Any comments on the pad/list or offers of assistance from those
who might be at ESOF are very welcome!

We're hoping to make some cool drawings as per the Open Metadata
workshop described in this blog post
http://blog.okfn.org/2011/06/24/notes-from-open-metadata-workshop-hague-15th-june-2011/
so if you know of anyone with advanced doodling skills and an interest
in open data in science, let me know!

Jenny

* this was a draft, I'll update with what was actually put on the form
asap but it wasn't much different.