[open-science] Hargreaves Report Response

Nick Barnes nb at climatecode.org
Tue Sep 6 11:00:20 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 00:53, Jenny Molloy <jenny.molloy at okfn.org> wrote:

> Diane kindly drafted a response to the Hargreaves Report which Peter
> fleshed out at Science Online London (Peter - I made your text third person,
> hope that's OK!)
> http://okfnpad.org/sciencewg-hargreaves

I have nipped through fixing typos.

Niggles which I haven't fixed:

"It is this benefit to science that is the core value which copyright law is
intended to protect"
Is it?

Should "Murray Rust" be hyphenated?  Should "Group" be capitalized in
"Murray Rust Group"?

This sentence isn't a sentence: "The results of this analysis can be highly
valuable for drug design but extending the dataset ."

"prevented by contract, on top of any copyright." -> "on top of any
restrictions imposed by the copyright holder."

 "proprietary APIs"might be slightly too technical for the audience.
--
Nick Barnes, Climate Code Foundation, http://climatecode.org/