[open-science] Doctoral funding for open science research

Jenny Molloy jenny.molloy at okfn.org
Tue Apr 3 11:28:39 UTC 2012

Dear All

You may have seen this filling the #openscience stream on Twitter, but for
those of you who haven't the  Alexander von Humboldt Institute for Internet
and Society will be offering doctoral stipends to people for projects in
the field of:

   - “Regulation and order from a social scientific perspective,
   particularly within the fields of copyright and big data“
   - “Open science – science in transformation“

(and also, but not as related to our interests)

   - “New concepts of data protection in the light of European proposals“
   - “The current structural change of the public sphere and its legal
   consequences“

http://hiig.de/en/2012/03/01/pre-announcement-doctoral-stipends-%E2%80%9Einternet-and-society%E2%80%9C-by-the-alexander-von-humboldt-institute-for-internet-and-society-hiig-2012/

Check out the announcement and do pass the news to anyone you think might
be interested in applying. It is excellent to see research into open
science being funded in this way and we hope to see more opportunities such
as this and the Panton Fellowships coming along in the near future.

Jenny