[open-science] [open-science-dev] Citizen Cyberscience Hackday

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Feb 14 18:33:37 UTC 2012

On 14 February 2012 14:01, Lucas Ferreira Mation <lucasmation at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> as I said in the other email tread I have a "challenge" for the hackday.
> Using PyBossa to create a Table-Transcription platoform for extracting data
> from tables in scanned pages. This would be a general platform, but one use
> is to extract historical data on demography, heath and crime in XIX Brazil.

We're on it :-)

> We already worked a little bit on the Berlin-hackfest last year, and also
> there has been some development in Brasil. Using all that it is possible
> that a working solution could emerge from the hackday.

My big plan is to work to upgrade data digitizer to be a proper table
transcription system.

Can I suggest you boot an issue on the issue tracker where we can
discuss and plan this work:

<https://github.com/citizen-cyberscience-centre/pybossa/issues>

Rufus

Co-Founder, Open Knowledge Foundation