[open-science] text-mining licence exemplar

Ross Mounce ross.mounce at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 13:50:58 UTC 2012

>> Can you shame them at least into doing the opposite? NON-open for six
>> months, then release under CC BY after that embargo elapses?
>>
>> -- Mike.

For text-mining purposes this would make more sense - it's a good
proposal. Some journals currently operate like this e.g. The
Biological Bulletin http://www.biolbull.org/site/misc/about.xhtml

which is free (gratis) to access after 1 year.

Initial free (gratis) access, reverting to subscription access after a
given time, to me sounds like a purely promotional activity with no
real helpful research purpose, especially WRT text-mining.

Ross