[open-science] text-mining licence exemplar

anthony at beckhome.info anthony at beckhome.info
Wed Jun 6 14:33:54 UTC 2012

I appreciate this. However, two issues are at play:
1. a collection has potentially greater resonance with the community
2. 'open' is 'new' for the archaeological domain. So there is the
opportunity to get a message through to a mainstream audience (albeit a
pay-walled mainstream audience) and a lack of opportunity for alternative
publication mechanisms. Preaching to the choir does not change anything!

Most authors from the UK will follow the green Open Access model as
mandated by the UK Research Councils, so the text etc. will be available.

For these reasons I will go with this journal (subject to peer-review
etc.) as IMHO the benefits outweigh the costs. However, this has been an
interesting decision to make. Which is why I am interested in the response
from T&F.

>From a pragmatic basis - I will point the editor to this thread and see
what he makes of it all ;-)

Best