[open-science] Oxford Open Science, 15 March 2012

Jenny Molloy jenny.molloy at okfn.org
Fri Mar 9 14:28:41 UTC 2012

Dear All

Do spread the word about a meeting on open science in Oxford next week -
details below!

Oxford Open Science - a group for anyone in Oxford interested in projects
related to open science. Maybe you're looking at ways to share scientific
data more effectively, planning a project involving citizen crowd sourcing,
want to make your research as accessible as possible or maybe you're just
interested in how openness and transparency could change the way we do
science.

Come and join us for our first meetup at the Oxford Hub for lightning
talks, discussion and planning. The group will focus on creating useful
tools, apps and guidelines for open science and also building a community
in Oxford, with both discussion based meetups and hack sessions planned for
the future.

When: Wednesday 15th March 2012, 7pm-8:30pm ***Note change of time from 6pm
as previously stated***

Location: The Oxford Hub, Turl Street (upstairs in the main meeting space,
there will be signs)

Please register using this form http://bit.ly/xBHf3e if you'd like to
attend so we have an idea of numbers and interests.

For more information please see
http://wiki.okfn.org/Working_Groups/Science/Oxford#The_First_Meetup_-_15_March_2012
email
Jenny on jenny.molloy at zoo.ox.ac.uk or sign up to the Open Science