[open-science] Scientific Data Editor

Konrad Förstner konrad at foerstner.org
Fri May 18 07:58:50 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

I was asked to make potential candidates aware of an open position at
EMBO and hope nobody mind that I am posting this here. In my opinion
it is great that EMBO is starting such a project for its journals.

"EMBO is looking for a Scientific Data Editor to develop and implement
the digitalization of the scientific data and metadata associated with
figures published in The EMBO Journal, EMBO reports, Molecular Systems
Biology and EMBO Molecular Medicine. This task will involve the
annotation and curation of figures and datasets submitted by authors
using structured, machine-readable information.

The Scientific Data Editor will be part of the EMBO SourceData
project, which will make published data freely available to the
scientific community in a searchable and re-usable form. [...]"

http://mobility.embo.org/index.php?option=com_jobline&Itemid=178&task=view&id=3509

Best wishes

Konrad Förstner