[open-science] Pybossa 101 Online Course

Joris Pekel joris.pekel at okfn.org
Wed Nov 28 14:52:31 UTC 2012

Dear all,

recently, the Pybossa team has been working very hard which has led to
Crowdcrafting.org, a free, open-source crowd-sourcing and micro-tasking
platform. It enables people to create and run projects that utilise online
assistance in performing tasks that require human cognition such as image
classification, transcription, geocoding and more. Today I have published a
blog on OpenGLAM about PDF transcription:
http://openglam.org/2012/11/28/using-pybossa-for-transcribing-cultural-works/

It is a very easy tool to create your own application, but getting started
can be a bit tricky. Therefore I am very excited that Daniel Lombrana
Gonzales of the Citizen Cyberscience Center has kindly offered to give a
lecture via Google Hangout. We will start here with the absolute basics of
installing Pybossa on your machine and creating a first simple app. We will
start in the afternoon and work for 2-3 hours.

I have set up a Doodle to find a good timeslot in the coming weeks for
this. If you want to join, please indicate your availability.

http://doodle.com/ewt478fpbsmienhn#table

Hope that some of you can join and that we can see the first apps appearing
soon!

All the best,

--
Joris Pekel