[open-science] Content Mining Workshop

Mr. Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 02:03:20 UTC 2012

It would be nice to have a list of research questions/projects that involve or could benefit from content mining. A heavy-duty example is below, but I am sure there are several research topics that could benefit from commonly available tools and techniques as well as perhaps crowd/community participation.

Here is an example of a content mining project some of my colleagues are working on

http://earthcube.ning.com/group/dark-geodata-concept-award/forum/topics/geodeepdive-bringing-dark-data-to-light

More info on the project at http://hazy.cs.wisc.edu/hazy/geodeepdive/

--
Puneet Kishor
Science and Data Policy at Creative Commons