[open-science] Introduction

Martyn Rittman martynrittman at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 04:32:43 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I've been following the list for a few weeks now, but only just got
around to introducing myself. Having been a postdoc for a few years in
the UK and Germany (working on various kinds of biophysical
instrumentation), I've recently joined MDPI, an open access publisher in
Basel, as an editor.

I've been interested in open access and open science for some time, and
reading the book 'Reinventing Discovery' by Michael Nielsen confirmed a
lot of the things I'd already been thinking. It's great to find this
list and see some like-minded people trying to make a difference!

Best wishes,

Martyn