[open-science] Call for OpenCourseWare to be published at SlideWiki.org

Sören Auer auer at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Sun Feb 24 10:33:30 UTC 2013

Dear all,

SlideWiki.org is a non-profit, crowd-sourcing OpenCourseWare authoring
platform: http://SlideWiki.org
SlideWiki allows to create richly structured courseware presentations
comprising slides, self-test questionnaires, illustrations etc.
Slidewiki is for courseware what MediaWiki is for Wiki texts,
OpenStreetmaps for spatial data or GitHub for source code. With
SlideWiki, we hope to make educational material much more interactive,
multilingual and accessible.

We are now looking for additional lecture notes (i.e. slide series) for
publication on SlideWiki. We will support the import and enrichment of
the courseware in SlideWiki. Original authors will be attributed
prominently. A requirement is licensing of the content under CC-BY-SA.
We translate all SlideWiki lectures in many other languages, add
self-assessment tests, mobile learning facilities and many other
features. All SlideWiki features are documented here:
http://slidewiki.org/documentation/

Benefits for authors include:
* significantly increase your reach by making your courseware accessible
to a world-wide audience
* get your courseware translated into many different languages
* engage students in contributing to and discussing the course
* easily create (self-)assessment tests for students
* involve peer-educators in improving and maintaining the quality and
attractiveness of your courseware
* increase your reputation in the community, by sharing qualitative
educational content

Some existing example lectures include:

* Intelligent Systems: http://slidewiki.org/deck/1002/latest
* Semantic Web: http://slidewiki.org/deck/750/latest
* Semantic Web Services: http://slidewiki.org/deck/964/latest
* Information Retrieval: http://slidewiki.org/deck/345/latest
* Informationssysteme (German): http://slidewiki.org/deck/365/latest

Please send applications for publishing your lecture notes on SlideWiki
by email to auer at uni-leipzig.de till March 10 including the following
information:

* original authors (including email, address and affiliation)
* original format (pptx/ODP preferred)
* original language (English is preferred)
* volume (number of presentations and slides)
* licensing (must be compatible with CC-BY-SA)
* link to the material

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further suggestions
and pointers to OpenCourseWare on the Web.

On behalf of the SlideWiki team,

Sören
http://www.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~auer/

---------------------------
SlideWiki features include:

* WYSIWYG slide authoring
* Logical slide and deck representation
* LaTeX/MathML integration
* Multilingual decks / semi-automatic translation in 50+ languages
* PowerPoint/HTML import
* Source code highlighting within slides
* Dynamic CSS themability and transitions
* Social networking activities
* Full revisioning and branching of slides and decks
* E-Learning with self-assessment questionnaires
* Source, citation and attribution tracking