[open-science] [Open-access] Call for OpenCourseWare to be published at SlideWiki.org

Mr. Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 15:43:46 UTC 2013

Sören,

This is good, with all the right capabilities for a science-related presentation. I have the following concerns --

On Feb 24, 2013, at 4:16 AM, "Sören Auer" <auer at informatik.uni-leipzig.de> wrote:

> SlideWiki is for everything licensed CC-BY-SA. You are more than welcome to use it for your personal presentations.

I am not sure what you mean by the above. What if I want to license my content as CC BY, or CC0 (the latter being my personal preference)? Should I *not* use SlideWiki then?

And, what is implication of "You are more than welcome to use it for your personal presentations"? When would I be putting up a presentation that is *not* my personal presentation?

Finally, most importantly, I can see the human-readable summary of the Terms of Use (http://slidewiki.org/termsOfUse). But, there is no link to the actual legal document. There is a link to Wikipedia's TOU, but Wikipedia's TOU are not Slidewiki's TOU even if the latter are adapted from the former.

Many thanks,

--
Puneet Kishor
Policy Coordinator for Science and Data