[open-science] Fwd: Call for OpenCourseWare to be published at SlideWiki.org

Sören Auer auer at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Sun Feb 24 20:05:15 UTC 2013

Am 24.02.2013 20:19, schrieb Peter Murray-Rust:
> As can be seen from the discussion CC-BY-SA (which is what Wikipedia
> uses) requires more care in re-use than CC-BY.

We were thinking about this quite much and decided that particularly
since Wikipedia uses CC-BY-SA, we want to enable SlideWiki users to
reuse and remix Wikipedia content, so CC-BY-SA became the default.
However, nobody prevents a SlideWiki user to release his contributions
additionally under another license and as mentioned before, this could
be just indicated in the deck description.

> There seem to be at least three separately licenceable components:
>
>  1. * the software/infrastructure
>  2. * the courseware content
>  3. * any third-party content which is used in the system (either in the
>     public version or a private copy)
>
> Can you clarify what the licence is on 1 (in and empty state). IOW can
> we clone the system or use a public empty version which does not overlap
> with 2?

We plan to release the software as open-source, but this needs more time
and preparation - currently too many things are hard-wired for our
setup. We will announce the availability in due course on the SlideWiki
mailinglist:

https://groups.google.com/d/forum/slidewiki

Best,

Sören