[open-science] [Open-access] HEFCE (UK) seeking advice on open access & open data research evaluation

Daniel Mietchen daniel.mietchen at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 26 15:52:55 UTC 2013

I think a continued neglect of data sharing in the evaluation of
research outputs is to be avoided. it would certainly be good to get
the evaluators to agree on the idea of some sort of bonus points for
research shared in ways other than through formal papers.

While the scientific community at large is probably not ready for data
sharing mandates, there is nothing wrong in working out a prototype of
such mandates for certain kinds of data, or for an institution,
journal, funder or subdiscipline.

Daniel