[open-science] New Crowdcrafting App - crowdsourcing OA journal licence & copyright data

Ross Mounce ross.mounce at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 10:20:40 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I've just released a demo of a new app on Crowdcrafting.org that Daniel
Lombrana Gonzalez has helped me create.

It's called *Is It an Open Access Journal?* and can be found here:
http://crowdcrafting.org/app/oajournals/

It's part of an ongoing project to assess what licence e.g. CC BY that Open
Access journals are publishing their articles under, and also who retains
the copyright of the articles e.g. the Author(s), the Journal, or the
Society.

The source code for the app is here on github:
https://github.com/PyBossa/app-oajournals
so suggestions for improvements & additions are welcome and should be
directed there.

Should you be interested in creating a similar app to crowdsource data on
something else, do give Crowdcrafting.org a look - it's completely free to
use and fairly easy to get an app up and running :)

Ross

PS I know DOAJ lists licences but I believe some of that data might be old,
thus we need to independently reassess this to keep it accurate and
up-to-date.

--
Ross Mounce