[open-science] Challenge launched to promote open data for education

Sander van der Waal sander.vanderwaal at okfn.org
Tue Mar 26 09:41:23 UTC 2013

Hi Egon,

Thank you for your interest in the LinkedUp Challenge!

On 24 March 2013 11:21, Egon Willighagen <egon.willighagen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sander,
>
> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Sander van der Waal
> <sander.vanderwaal at okfn.org> wrote:
>> We are launching a challenge today to promote the use of linked of
>> open data in education (the full announcement is copied below).
>
> Is it restricted to the data provided via LinkedUp, or will any Open
> Data do? In particular, we're using WikiPathways data extensively in
> our education here in Maastricht. Would that do for participating in
> the challenge?

While we hope that the data we curated would be of interest [1], you are
free to use any open data set for the challenge! In fact, we would be really
happy to see a submission building on an initiative like WikiPathways!
So I look forward to your submission and do get in touch with our team [2]
if you have any further questions or would like to discuss what you intend
to do. We would love to hear from you!

Thanks,

Sander

[1] http://data.linkededucation.org/linkedup/catalog/browse/