[open-science] Fwd: Get the good stuff out of PDFs

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Tue May 21 13:27:28 UTC 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alexander Garcia Castro <alexgarciac at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, May 21, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Subject: Get the good stuff out of PDFs
To: beyond-the-pdf at googlegroups.com

Join us in Montpellier for a one-day event to hack on scholarly PDFs!

Do you have tools that may help us to extract information from PDFs?
send us an email so that we can include them in the hackathon.

Would you like to extract citations from existing PDFs?

Wouldn't it be cool if we, scholars, did not have to pay for citation
data? What about author disambiguation?

Are you interested in identifying and extracting meaningful parts from PDFs?

Would you like to have XML/RDF for scholarly PDFs? What if you could
have access to the actual content of the PDF for supporting the Web of
Data?

We are interested in all of these issues, send us your tools, ideas,
comments and join us in Montpellier. We are also supporting remote
participation to the hackathon -hangout and webex.

Visit us at http://scholrev.org/hackathon/

casey.mclaughlin at cci.fsu.edu
alexgarciac at gmail.com

--