[open-science] OKCon 2013 Open Science Proposals

Rayna rayna.st at gmail.com
Thu May 23 17:01:48 UTC 2013

Hey all,

I am thinking of submitting at least one proposal :) One would be something
about ways to bootstrap an open/citizen science community, to nurture it
etc. The focus would be on mapping DOs and DONTs, engaging professional
scientists, etc.

Another would be on open data in science, something that is unfortunately
often overlooked. The focus would be on more institutional involvement: how
do we reach out to funding agencies to push them to adopt such policies?

Will share the pad laterz, have somewhat urgent stuff to finish right now :)

Let me know what you think and whether you'd be interested!

Rayna

2013/5/23 Jenny Molloy <jenny.molloy at okfn.org>

> Hi All
>
> Just a reminder that the call for proposals for sessions at OKCon ends
> tomorrow
> http://okcon.org/call-for-proposals/
>
> It would be excellent to see open science represented so if you have
> suggestions for sessions do put something forward! Feel free to use the
> list to pose that last minute idea or find collaborators after entering a
> proposal.
>
> Best wishes
>
> Jenny

"Change l'ordre du monde plutôt que tes désirs."

http://de.linkedin.com/in/raynas