[open-science] citing a code and data on a GitHub repository

Arfon Smith arfon at github.com
Tue Dec 3 17:10:51 UTC 2013

I'd be interested to hear if there's been any effort put into how to
properly describe the function of a piece of code in a file like
BibJSON. For example, knowing that a piece of code was written in
Python, was for an astrophysics domain and performed coordinate
transformations. It feels like that could be encapsulated in some kind
of meta descriptor file which could then be indexed (and searched).

Has anyone seen anything like this done?

Cheers
Arfon