[open-science] Citizen Science London Feb 2014

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Dec 8 11:12:53 UTC 2013

If you haven't seen it:

http://www.openaire.eu/fr/component/jevents/icalrepeat.detail/2014/02/20/195/51|52|56|53|55|54/the-3rd-citizen-cyberscience-summit

I managed one day last time - it was great.

The 3rd Citizen Cyberscience Summit
  [image: Export
Event]<http://www.openaire.eu/fr/component/jevents/icals.icalevent/-?template=component&evid=195>

   Thursday, 20 February 2014, 08:00
To Saturday, 22 February 2014
by  iryna <iryna.kuchma at eifl.net>Hits : 46

Day 1 - Thursday 20th Feb @ the Royal Geographical Society, London

On the first day we will set the scene - hearing from some of the leading
figures in citizen science and exploring the process of public engagement
and participation, outreach of citizen science to the developing world, and
the undertaking of "extreme" citizen science projects, in rain forests, the
arctic tundra, or urban jungles.

Day 2 - Friday 21st Feb @ University College London

On the second day we will look beneath the surface. Experts will discuss
the hardware and software that powers citizen cyberscience. There will be
panel discussions with citizen scientists about participation and
engagement, and a showcase of new and future citizen science projects. In
the afternoon we will switch over to Hack Day mode with workshops and an
Open Space for working on ideas and challenges.

Day 3 - Saturday 22nd Feb @ University College London

On the third day we get down to business…together! The Hack Day continues
with workshops about developing hardware and software prototypes, lightning
talks with demos and mock-ups, and an Open Space to work on ideas and
challenges. We will wrap up the day with a Hack Day Show & Tell and a
Reception.

During the summit, there will be many opportunities to present short
papers, run panels, organise workshops or provide showcase demonstrations.
We would like to invite anyone interested in participating in this way to
submit brief proposals of up to 750 words.

More information: http://cybersciencesummit.org/
  *Location : *London, UK