[open-science] Open Content Mining - New Mailing List & Workshop Material

Jenny Molloy jcmcoppice12 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 15:11:19 UTC 2013

Hi All

As you know, several members of the working group have a long standing
interest in content mining and continuing work on this theme will be a
major project for us going forward. There are big changes in policies and
even laws afoot in the UK and Europe, there is a need for tools, training
to use them and awareness raising among the research community about the
potential of content mining.

While general discussion will remain on this mailing list, we have set up a
new list for in-depth discussion on open content mining - open source
tools, open access material to mine, open output data and more:

All are welcome to join and people have started posting ideas already so do
check out the archives once you've subscribed:
https://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/open-contentmining/

ALSO

Oxford Open Science recently hosted a Content Mining: Scholarly Data
Liberation Workshop and the materials are now up on the OKF Open Science
blog:
http://science.okfn.org/2013/12/14/content-mining-scholarly-data-liberation-workshop/

Have a go with some of the tools and code we were playing with and let us
know if you think content mining could help you in your research.

Jenny