[open-science] [Open-access] Elsevier: some facts, by Tim Gowers

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 15:41:19 UTC 2014

This conversation seems to have wandered from Elsevier abusing its
(possibly monopoly) position to Elsevier's profit margin. While the two
could be related, are us folks concerned that Elsevier is making money
hands-over-fist, or that they are not providing us with a satisfactory
solution? am curious. Case in point -- Apple's margins are around the same
as Elsevier's yet I have little to complain about and happily buy their
products in spite of alternatives (just not as good, in my view) of my my
own volition.

--
Puneet Kishor